Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Color Study of Squares JUNEABS

I've been reading the Art Bead Scene blog for a few months now. I have been intrigued with art beads for some time. For years I have experimented with various beads, mostly ones that are faux semi precious stones or just your average stone that is carved. I wasn't sure if I could deviate from that but decided to give a try to this challenge. As a former quilter one of my favorite designs was the square within a square and I made many variations on this theme, so I figured, why not in clay? It wasn't as simple as it seemed. I tried a few ideas, trying to take the whole painting and make individual tile beads but I didn't like how that was going. That is when I decided to put my own spin on it and make his circles my squares and his squares my circles. I think it turned out fairly well, although different than my usual pursuits that is why I decided to enter in the first place! :) Let me know what you think and give a visit to Art Bead Scene and read about the challenge, its a very cool blog! And check out the other entries at Flickr!


3655

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a primary color person .
    I always find your organic designs so soothing and beautiful.
    but ...
    this is GREAT !!!
    Way ta step outside the box Kate !!!
    I Love this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M.E! I don't do primary's unless the botanicals call for it, but I did have fun trying this out! Although my favorite spring bouquet is red tulips, purple Blue Iris and yellow Dafodils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW what an honor, I just found out recently when I had time to check my blog, I'm stunned! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congratulations on being the featured artist there at Art Bead Scene! Nice article.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails