Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

The sun is shining , the birds are singing sweetly outside my window, the boy doves are chasing the girl doves around the yard, my neighbors forsythia is in full bloom and there are green wild onions popping up everywhere! My husband even reported he saw 'Phil', our resident groundhog merrily skipping about the back yard on his way to some unknown secret rendezvous. AND I've finally enticed a pair of house wrens to make a nest in the eaves of my back porch so I can watch them with their young and they are both busy getting it ready for the 'blessed event' .

Not only all that but when I wake up each morning and come out of the bedroom a sweet perfume greets me. The first day this happened ( last Thursday) I couldn't understand why the house smelled like perfume as I made one of my nightly trips to the Bathroom. It wasn't until the next day I remembered that DH brought me home from the store a hyacinth, one of my favorite spring flowers, along with gardenias and bouquets of purple iris, red tulips and yellow daffodils. I have a brown thumb with the finicky gardenia (can't keep the house cool enough for them), and all those others weren't in the store yet but I have a hyacinth and every morning its wonderful smell greets me like a friendly spring 'Hello'!

So I know spring is defiantly here and I have something to share with you, a bit of a preview actually. The PCAGOE ( Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy) will be having another Scavenger Hunt very soon Called the 'Spring Fling'! And this is the prize I am offering ( I bet you've been wondering what that was up top) :) . Since my Impressionist Field of Poppies cane seems to be so Popular ( especially on my Flicker photo stream) and Cynthia Tinapple of Polymer Clay Daily liked it so much and put it on her blog on the first day of March titling it "Breath of Spring" in her second looks column, I decided to make a pendant from it and offer it as my special prize! This won't be found in my etsy shop because it is just for you, the winner of the prize, whomever that shall be. I will be giving you all the details soon, so check back. I just wanted to give you a chance to see what is waiting in store for you if you are the winner!




Stay tuned for more updates of How, where and when!

2409

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails